As of summer 2016, a new conference center and the two new halls C5 and C6 will take shape in the northeast of the exhibition grounds. The total number of halls available at the exhibition venue will thus increase to 18 as of fall 2018. Embedded in the spacious outdoor exhibition area, the Conference Center Northeast will offer ideal conditions for a wide variety of trade fairs, conferences and events.
The ground-breaking ceremony took place on June 28, 2016. At the end of the two-year construction period, Messe München will feature a total of 200,000 square meters of exhibition space and around 400,000 square meters of outdoor exhibition area. This expansion of floor space strengthens the company's position in the international trade fair market.
The foundation stone was subsequently laid on December 1, 2016. "We really look forward to being able to use the additional space to meet the urgent demand from our customers," emphasized Klaus Dittrich, CEO and Chairman of the Board.
Construction work on the new exhibition halls C5 and C6 is in full swing. Workers have already dug the trenches for the utility corridors of both halls and the first walls are steadily rising up. Concrete steel workers are weaving heavy rods into huge steel grids. With each construction phase, the halls are taking shape step by step.
• Additional exhibition space of roughly 10,000 m² per hall.
• Each hall is 143 meters long and 71 meters wide.
• The floor space of Hall C6 can be spatially divided by mobile partition walls as needed.
• An independent conference area accommodating more than 1,000 people is going to take up the hall's front section on the upper floor.
• The upper floor moreover features three auditoriums as well as numerous smaller conference rooms.
• State-of-the-art, large-scale glass fronts offer plenty of natural light.
• The new Messe München halls are served by the subway station Messestadt Ost (U2) and within very short walking distance from the outdoor parking lot.